Best word of the night: Numnah

I watched the Scripps National Spelling Bee last night, and it was every bit as awesome as I had remembered. Sameer Mishra took the crown, spelling guerdon. Haha, that word doesn't even register in my spell check. I was actually rooting for Sameer because one, he's adorable and two, the "numnah" fiasco.

In round nine, Sameer stepped up to the microphone to hear his word. The word was numnah, but to Sameer and me and everyone else watching, it sounded like numbnut. "Numbnut?" Sameer asked, and the auditorium burst into laughter again. "Numnah," Dr. Bailey, the pronouncer, repeated. Sameer: "Oh, NUMNAH! Cool. That's a relief." And he proceeded to spell the word correctly. And that is when I fell in love with that kid.

See the clip on youtube.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A classic tv moment- great re-cap.

Copyright © 2008 - MADdy's TV - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template