Dance!

Last night's SYTYCD was actually pretty boring. Just, you know, putting that out there. So if I sound less than excited in recapping this, you'll know why.

Mark and Courtney. Dance a waltz. To David Cook's corny American Idol victory song, "Time of My Life." Snore. Wow, what is Mary wearing? My eyes, my eyes! And OMG is that Paula? It is! What is she doing here? She looks kind of drunk. Then again, she always does. Sorry, what was I saying? Right, dance. Chelsie solos to the Pussycat Dolls. It's not really dancing so much as shaking here butt and flipping her hair while wearing a slutty dress.

When we get back from the break, Twitch does his solo. He wears his signature glasses and some gross fake teeth. Not really sure the appeal of those, but Cat asks to try them on, "spit and all." Cat, I kind of love you. You are the only reason to watch this show, now that Will's gone. Katee and Joshua are back together! For a Tyce contemporary routine to
CĂ©line Dion's "All By Myself." The song: gag. The routine: kind of cool. At one point, Katee leaps up and Joshua catches her with her legs in a split. During the judges' comments, Paula kisses Tyce (a story is told about guest judge Adam and Tyce and dancing and Paula and I'm sorry I just fell asleep again). Tyce looks less than enthusiastic at being kissed by a shrively old lady. Adam says, "THAT WAS AWESOME" in a way that you can just tell it's going to be used as a clip in the commercials for next week.

Commercials. Ooh Pineapple Express! It's Daniel Desario and Ken Miller! Sorry, James Franco and Seth Rogen. And I know I'm not the only one who's had M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes" stuck in my head all day. Now that would be a cool song for a routine.

Chelsie and Twitch do a mambo. I'm back to disliking Chelsie. Oh and you know what bothers me? The judges were praising Twitch for doing a mambo, saying, "You shouldn't be able to do that! It's not your style!" But the whole point of this show is being able to perform all different styles of dance. And just a few weeks ago, the judges got mad at someone (Comfort, I think) because they tried to use the "This isn't my style of dance" as an excuse. Bah. But Twitch is the golden boy, I guess. He can do no wrong. Then Katee does an unimpressive solo, and we go to commercials.

Back from the break, Joshua dances the best solo of the night. Then Mark and Courtney keep the ball rolling with a hott (with two t's) jazz routine. Cool music, cool lights.

After more commercials (animated Star Wars? The eff?), Katee and Joshua dance a much better paso doble than Kherrington and Twitch did a few weeks ago-- it's intense-- although I think the judges over-hype it just a bit. Mary starts her signature fake-out and I turn my volume all the way down as she screams. Courtney solos-- why do all the girls' solos look the same?

Mark's solo is strange, but I'm more distracted by his shirt. It's armpit holes are ridiculously large. And then he takes it off, exposing his skinny little body. Sorry Mark, but you're no Will. Twitch and Chelsie close the night with a Tabbitha and Napoleon routine that is suspiciously similar to Twitch's awesome solo a few weeks back. It's an interesting routine, but I wonder if Twitch is secretly mad that they totally copied his concept.

Tonight: Eliminations!

I have no idea who it will be, but I'm rooting for Chelsie to go home.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see all of the show (ok, I saw hardly any of it), but I agree, it was a snoozer. Just nothing compelling. And when Cat put that gack in her mouth - I like her, too, but PLEASE - that was disgusting...and what was that singing interlude? I thought I was back watching a bad performance on American Idol. Better dancing, less other stuff.

Copyright © 2008 - MADdy's TV - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template