Manic Monday

First of all, Shana Tova to all you Jews out there. I hope you enjoyed services a lot more than I did.

Ok, TV.

Big Bang Theory: This show is sometimes funny, and sometimes annoying. This week was annoying.

HIMYM: Eh. I'm not a big fan of stand-alone episodes (unless they're done really well, a la "Arrivederci, Fierro".) Bays and Thomas said they wanted to do more of these this season, but when we have such important serialized plots (Barney and Robin, Ted and Stella), there's really no reason to. Also, one of the best things about this show, the thing the separates it from run-of-the-mill sitcoms, is its continuity, its running jokes. Which were missing from this episode. But probably the worst thing about this episode was that it wasn't that funny (although I did love Million Dollar Heads or Tails with Regis). Better luck next week, show.

Chuck: So much love. For this show. It's funny, it's entertaining, and it does fight scenes and nice charcter moments equally well. It doesn't take itself too seriously. The cast is good, the characters are fun, and it pretty much makes me exteremely happy. Yay Chuck!

Heroes: Yeah I stopped watching this 10 minutes in and rewatched my DVRed episode of Chuck (I had seen it last week when it was available free on itunes). After I realized that Francis Capra was stuck playing stupid Peter Petrelli (why aren't they really using F.C.? He could be such a scary villian!) and that Kristen Bell wasn't even in it this week, I gave up. Show, you suck. You try to be profound, but half of your characters are boring and the other half aren't been used the way they should be.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that Heroes is just bad - bad writing, bad acting, just not entertaining. I'll stick w/Chuck on Mondays.

Copyright © 2008 - MADdy's TV - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template