New Shows Tonight!!!

Don't you just the fall? Leaves changing color, crisp apple cider, Halloween (and my birthday!) and NEW TV!

Tonight's new shows:

Privileged: I am way more excited than I should be about this show. From the very first promo I was excited, and I have no idea why because this show looks really bad. In a nutshell: a 20-something wannabe reporter (JoAnna Garcia) gets a job tutoring spoiled 16-year-old twins who live with their grandmother in Palm Beach. It also looks like there's going to be a best friend who's in love with her (she, of course, has no idea) and possibly an ex around whom she is going to say and do awkward things. Would somebody please explain to me why I want to see this show? This is so frustrating. Ok, well the best friend who is secretly in love with the main character has been done a million times before, but I kind of am a sucker for those storylines (even though I would never, ever date any of my guy friends). And while one of the "evil Baker twins" looks like she's going to be really obnoxious and downright annoying, the rest of the cast seems alright (maybe? I am reaching here...) Ok, I am stumped. I guess I'll find out when I watch, but that won't be tonight (at 8 on the CW), because tonight I will be watching...

Fringe: The new J.J. Abrams ("Lost") show about the supernatural and the conspiracies that surround it. Hm, sounds a lot like this show that used to be on TV, oh what was it called? Oh that's right, it sounds exactly like "The X-Files."
But Fox has been promoting the heck out of it, and I must say its worked on me because I'm intrigued. "Fringe" stars Anna Torv as an FBI agent pulled into this whole conspiracy mess, John Noble as a mad scientist who can help her, and Joshua Jackson (Pacey!) as the mad scientist's son. They're all brilliant, they're all beautiful, and Fox reportedly spent $10 million on this two hour pilot, so it looks like something to at least check out. (Fox, at 8)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get the "Privileged" appeal, either - sounds uninspired. "Fringe" sounds intriguing, especially if it's anything like The X Files.

Copyright © 2008 - MADdy's TV - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template