The Office- "Business Trip"

Well. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand, Pam is back in Scranton and whatever Jim/Pam angst came from her being in New York looks to be over. On the other hand, having Pam say she hates graphic design, when just last week we saw her seriously contemplating staying in New York, seems like a cop-out. It's like ignoring the art-school arc even happened. We're right back to where we were at the end of last season. If Pam slips right back into her old life as a receptionist without another mention of her dreams to become an artist, I will be seriously pissed. I'm glad to have her back (wasn't their reunion sweet? And beautifully shot, I must add. The lighting in this scene was similar to the one last season when Jim fake proposed. So pretty.), but it does seem like the writers decided to push the "reset" button here.

Other than that, a decent episode, though not as funny as last week. The Oscar-Andy bonding was fun, as was the Ryan-Kelly storyline. But by far the best part was when Michael told off David Wallace for transferring Holly. Amy Ryan, COME BACK. WE MISS YOUUUU.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that having Pam say she hates graphic design seems forced. For that matter, having her flunk a class all of a sudden was bizarre. It seems like this I'm-not-good-at-this, I-don't-like-it came out of nowhere. I think the writers are much better at the off-the-wall comedy parts of the show. The Andy/Oscar sketch was hilarious.

Copyright © 2008 - MADdy's TV - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template