Merry Christmas, Chuck. Your present? Seeing the girl you love murder someone in cold blood.

Holy crap. HOLY CRAP. Did not see that coming at all. This opens up so many new possibilities. When this show first came on, I didn't really like Sarah, and I couldn't have cared less about the Chuck/Sarah romance. But I slowly got sucked in and wow, this is. Wow. I can't even talk. Maybe I should go to bed. But OH MY GOODNESS. They were so cute at the beginning of the episode! And when he gave her the bracelet... But then that guy turned out to be Fulcrum and everything got crazy and then she MURDERED that dude and lied to Chuck about it. But Chuck knows. Oh man. How long will it be until he tells her he knows what really happened? And what about that Ned guy? Does he know Chuck's the intersect? Maybe not, but he must suspect something. Fulcrum must suspect something. Gahhh. So good. So good. And everyone was there! Ellie, Awesome, Morgan, Jeff, Lester (who only has 8 toes), Anna, Big Mike, Casey (Johnny Boy! Aw, that was adorable), Sarah, and of course, our hero, Chuck.

Dear Show,
You pretty much rock my world. I just have one question (ok, I have a million, but this is the most important). Why aren't you coming back until February 2?
Lots of Love,
Mads

P.S. Sorry for sounding like a crazy person. I am seriously sleep deprived.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is great, but sometimes it's hard to take the spy stuff seriously - I don't know if the ro-co and the spy stuff really mix that well.

P.S. Then why don't you go to bed?!

Love,

Someone who cares

Mads said...

I don't think the spy stuff is supposed to be too serious-- why else would they resolve a huge conflict by using Morgan's love of Call of Duty or end a fight scene with Casey throwing a microwave? (Although you do have to admit that there have been some pretty cool action sequences.)

I think one of the great things about the show is that it does manage to easily slip back and forth between genres. The writers (and Zachary Levi) do a great job of balancing the spy action with the romantic pathos and the comic relief. Also, not taking yourself too seriously is always a huge plus.

Meredith said...

OMG OMG OMG I finally got around to watching this episode last night, and I FREAKED OUT. At first I thought it was a really lame plot, but it turned out soooo intense. I cannot wait to see what happens next with Sarah...

& I think Chuck has a really great mixture of action & comedy. I love the way a lot of the Buy More scenes & plot lines are similar to the secret agent plot lines...

Copyright © 2008 - MADdy's TV - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template