Why is there nothing on TV?

Seriously, you have a whole bunch of people sitting at home, many of whom are trying to escape their relatives (not actually speaking from personal experience here on the relative-hating front-- I love my family. We do totally corny but really fun stuff like play board games. I'm a Scatagories beast.) Why wouldn't you program a bunch of new episodes or at least play some good movies(yes, TBS had "A Christmas Story" on a 24-hour loop, but there's only so many times you can hear "You'll shoot your eye out!")? But no, all of the Christmas episodes get shown around Thanksgiving, leaving December a virtual dead zone for TV.

My questions is, why? I know November means sweeps, but there has got to be a better way to spread out new episodes to ensure that there are some left by the end of December. I bet fresh episodes this time of year would do really well in the ratings (and by really well I mean relatively well-- nothing on TV is doing really well these days). Come on-- it's cold outside, people are tired out after all of the parties/stressful family dinners/carolers who just won't go away-- it's the perfect time for television. The people who make these decisions about programming are smart (theoretically, at least), which is why I honestly don't understand why there's nothing on TV.

And ok, in the spirit of the season, I'll come clean. I may have made arguments pertaining to ratings (or tried to, at least), but the only reason I really care about this is that I'm freaking bored out of my mind. Maybe I should *gasp* read a book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, I love the title of this entry, especially the blah blah blah mouse part (and I'm secretly glad you excluded yourself from the relative-hater crowd!)

Lily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

YOU SHOULD WATCH FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS ON NETFLIX SO I HAVE SOMEONE TO TALK ABOUT IT WITH.

this is definitely not lily by the way.

Copyright © 2008 - MADdy's TV - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template