Anna Torv is a block of wood

That is the only lasting impression I got from last night's episode of Fringe. She's just so cold, so boring, so stiff. I really want to like Fringe, honestly I do. I've gotten over it being an X-Files rip-off and am trying to take it for what it is-- a somewhat entertaining sci-fi show featuring two very enjoyable performances (Joshua Jackson, whose chemistry with Torv's character's sister last night in their brief scenes far surpassed the producers-of-the-show-want-it-to-be-there-but-it's-not chemistry going on between him and Torv, and John Noble, whose character's whims and tangents continue to amuse). It's just so hard to like a show with such an uncharismatic lead. Sigh. I miss Scully.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I agree! She's like... not human

Mads said...

Hmmm, maybe she's a robot? Because that would explain so much...

MF said...

Were you beaten by a wave of nostalgia when Grams from Dawson's Creek showed up as the dead student's mom?

Mads said...

THAT'S WHO THAT WAS
Thank you, I knew she looked familiar, but I couldn't place her.

Aw, Grams, please tell Pacey that this Olivia girl just isn't for him.

Lily said...

LUL i have never seen this show, but is this the blonde girl who is like really stiff in all the commercials?

Anonymous said...

Good title - she really makes the show so much less enjoyable. I say make this a father-son thing, and send her off packing!

Caps Lock said...

Soooooooo true. You think being horribly overpaid would make some people act better (cough Anna Torv) but it just doesnt seem possible.

Copyright © 2008 - MADdy's TV - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template