Scrubs: Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

The "life lesson" at the end of the first episode ("My ABC's") of last night's Scrubs twofer was that you can learn practically anything from Sesame Street. My family laughed at that because, despite my mother's immense love for the Muppets (Grover in particular), I was never allowed to watch Sesame Street. TV was banned when I was little, except for the Thanksgiving Day Parade and the occasional sports game (and my brother and I were allowed to watch movies, but only on Friday and Saturday nights, and only after 5 p.m.) Things have really changed in our house...

I'm still loving Scrubs this season. I read an interview with Bill Lawrence where he said he and the writers compromised on JD and Elliot-- he agreed that they could get back together only if there wasn't much drama surrounding them as a couple. Maybe it's just me, but as a loyal JD/Elliot fan, I'm glad that the drama there will be minimal. So to me it doesn't sound like much a of compromise so much as him giving in. But I'm not going to complain-- JD and Elliot are back together and all is right with the(ir) world.

My only real complaint (and it's more of an inevitable evil of a smaller budget rather than something preventable) with last night's episodes is concerning the lack of Ted. His sad-sack antics have provided many, many laughs so far this season. But hey, an upcoming episode is entitled "My Lawyer's in Love" so I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of Ted then.

I'm not even going to rag on ABC for moving Scrubs to a different time-slot. Season eight has been completed, so even if there's more schedule shifting (hee, reminds me of shift switching), we'll see all of the episodes some way or another.

P.S. The song at the end of the second episode ("My Cookie Pants") is "I'd Rather Be With You" by Joshua Radin (another factoid for you-- his song "Winter" was used at the end of the legendary season three episode "My Screw-Up").
I always feel cool when I recognize the songs playing during episode-ending montages...
Update: Apparently Joshua Radin also did the cover of the Sesame Street theme song at the end of the first episode. Swizzles.
Update, take 2: Here's the clip with the song in it. You can convert it to mp3 format if you want to play it on your iPod.


8 comments:

Ron said...

Hey does anyone know where to find that version of the Sesame Street theme?

Mads said...

I don't, but I would love to get it if it's available. Help, anyone?

Anonymous said...

I can't find it anywhere.

"Especially in cookie pants." Aw, I love Scrubs.

Mads said...

I updated my post with a clip someone posted on youtube of Josh Radin covering the Sesame Street theme song. Thanks to whoever (or is it whomever?) posted that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mads!

Lily said...

you know, a lot of people think this show has lost its charm, but i think it's still funny. the only thing i don't like is how elliott always wears like heels and dresses under her lab coat. that doesn't seem very realistic

Anonymous said...

oh my god i knew there was something missing. ted is so hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Grover in a lab coat - OMG!

Copyright © 2008 - MADdy's TV - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template