Pushing Daisies (sob) Finale

For an episode that was clearly conceived, written, and shot to end on a cliff hanger, the post-production team did an incredible job giving us a happy ending. Were this not the (originally mid-season but reconceived at the last second to be) series finale, I would complain about how easily all of the various threads were wrapped up, but my goodness that conclusion was perfect given the circumstances.

Pushing Daisies was such a marvelous little show that I hate to see it go (and normally I would fix the unintentional rhyme there, but considering the subject matter I think it's alright). Sure it was quirky, out there, and more than a tad bit twee, but Pushing Daisies was pure happiness bottled into 42 minutes a week and I wish more people could have warmed to it. But that's all over now, so I'll let Jim Dale and the wonderful ending voice over do the talking:

"At that moment in the town of Coeur d'Coeurs, events occurred that are not, were not, and should never be considered an ending. For endings, as it is known, are where we begin."

2 comments:

Mads said...

This is lame that I'm the first comment, but I forgot to mention The Intrepid Cow and Rickie Vasquez. An Olive-run mac-and-cheese restaurant and an appearance by the portrayer of one the most beloved teenage characters of all time (or at least of the 90s)? Oh, I'm going to miss this show...

Tom said...

I can't believe this show is over!!! That last shot was great. I loved seeing all of the landmarks again.

Copyright © 2008 - MADdy's TV - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template