And in the end...

So this is the end. Actually, it was the end back in July, I just never got around to making it official until now. (Why do I feel like I'm breaking up with someone? It's not you, blog, it's me.) I started this blog about six months after I contracted a long-term illness that basically turned my previously wonderful life of school, sports, and friends into a never ending loop of sleeping, taking meds, and going to doctor's appointments. I had started watching a lot of TV and as I began to (ever-so-slightly, with plenty of setbacks along the way) improve, I decided that having a project wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. So I, like so many angsty teenagers before me, took to the internets. (And to be fair to myself here, I tried to keep the complaining to a minimum and the focus mainly on TV.)

Fast-forward to about a year later, and my improvement progressed to the point where I had the energy to hang out with friends more, to leave my dark basement and go be a part of the world. I don't know what your friends are like, but mine are awesome, and being around them is as good for me as any medicine. So with my time and energy being taken up mostly by friends (and school), I posted less and less.

At the end of this summer, with college application season fast approaching, I decided to call it quits once and for all. I said goodbye to the blog (in my head, not actually on the blog-- that's what this is) and cut back on my TV watching (although I did see all of The West Wing during a particularly rough stretch of illness this fall and oh my goodness that is an amazing show. Like right after Veronica Mars on a list of my favorites amazing. Crackling dialogue plus a terrific cast plus politics? Yes, please.)

So now we're in November, and I'm in the midst of the crazy. Maybe at some point I'll take up blogging again, but for now this is it. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and to comment. Bye!

3 comments:

Tom said...

So long Mads! I'll miss your writing.

Martha Flynn said...

glad your energy is up, and good luck with college apps!

Anonymous said...

good luck with everything! and thanks for being entertaining!

Copyright © 2008 - MADdy's TV - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template